Maybe you recently bought a new HDTV and you’ve been enjoying the exceptional picture and sound quality while watching your favorite TV shows, sporting events, or movies. But did you know that you can connect your HDTV to your home’s computer network?
Today, the world’s leading consumer electronics, PC, and mobile companies are making a coordinated effort to allow inter-accessibility between devices and products through the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA). Through the use of specific design guidelines, DLNA-certified products can work together, regardless of the brand.
Several types of connections on computer monitors and flat screen HDTVs are the same, so most HDTVs can also be used as computer monitors. Therefore, you can view documents, personal photos, and home videos found on your computer, as well as online movies, TV shows, and video games, all on your HDTV from the comfort of your favorite chair. Plus, if your HDTV is part of a home theatre system with a surround sound system, you can enhance your movie or gaming experience with a fuller, richer, more realistic sound.
The Benefits of Systems Integration Between Your Computer Network and HDTV
There are many reasons why you might want to connect your HDTV to your computer network. One primary incentive is the increased screen size – up to 70 inches – and, in most cases, the higher resolution of your HDTV – making tasks like photo or video editing, spreadsheet management, checking email, or browsing the Internet easier to see.
You can also:
- Share photos or home videos with friends and family at parties
- Watch missed TV shows any time you want, often without commercials – eliminating the need for an expensive video recording device from your cable or satellite provider
- Access TV programs on channels not included in your cable or satellite TV package
- Watch movies from the built-in DVD drive on your computer or streaming on the Internet – with no need for an additional DVD player
- Play online video games with people from around the world in brilliant high definition quality with crystal clear sound
- View music videos or videos at youtube.com on your large screen TV – no more squinting at small screens on your computer monitor
- Listen to Internet Radio in Dolby® Digital sound, and if your HDTV is connected to a surround sound system – re-creating a virtual concert hall sound experience
JD Pro Can Provide No Hassle, HDTV-to-Computer-Network Connectivity
Connecting your HDTV to your home computer network is easy, if you know what connections, cables, and converters/adapters are needed to accomplish the task. Plus, since computers use separate components for audio and video, you will need to ensure you make the proper connections to have both picture and sound on your HDTV. If this sounds too complicated or overwhelming, let Staten Island, New York-based JD Pro integrate your home computer network when we install your HDTV home theater system for you. Contact us today to create your New York or New Jersey home theater system with full internet connectivity