Last week we celebrated Earth Day on April 22. And as a result, you may be thinking of installing green technology in your home to save you money and live a greener life. ACrestron whole home integration and automation system can help you achieve this goal.
A Crestron whole home control system seamlessly integrates your home’s:
- heating and cooling systems
- window coverings
- audio video equipment
- home theater
- other energy-consuming systems
Control Utility Costs and Energy Use
By using touch screens, keypads, handheld remotes, or sensors within your home, or a Web browser or mobile device when you’re away, you can manage, monitor, and schedule every environmental and audio/video system in your home, enabling you to save time, money, and energy.
For example, lighting accounts for about 20% of a home’s electricity costs. By installing a Crestron whole home control system, you’ll see a significant difference in your electric bill, if you program your system to automatically:
- Dim the lights to 80% luminosity when the lights are turned on in certain rooms. (Your eyes won’t even notice the difference, and if you need full illumination for a task, you can easily adjust the setting. Plus your lights won’t burn out as quickly.)
- Open or close your window treatments depending upon the season, time, or light levels in individual rooms. (Not only will you save money by using natural light instead of electricity, you’ll save on heating and cooling costs when you take advantage of sunlight to warm rooms in the winter and closed shades to keep rooms cool in the summer.)
- Turn on lights to only 10% luminosity when you wake up in the middle of night to use the bathroom or get a drink of water in the kitchen. (Not only will your eyes thank you, you’ll avoid stepping on all the toys the kids have left laying in your path.)
Turn on lights when you walk into a room, or more importantly, turn off lights when your kids leave a room.
A Crestron whole home integration and automation system provides other energy-saving features.
- As you climb into bed, select the “Goodnight” mode to turn off all the lights in the house and set back the temperature.
- If you’re in the car or at the office, you can turn off any forgotten lights, flat screen TVs, or the sound system, lower the shades, or reset the thermostat through your smartphone.
- When you’re on vacation, you can easily adjust your home’s temperature settings to conserve energy and randomly cycle your lights to make would-be intruders believe you’re home.
Also, a Creston whole home control system can help you track your current and historical energy consumption, so you can see how your lifestyle and behavioral patterns affect energy usage and costs. On your touchpanel, you can monitor real-time energy use, costs, and the projected savings achieved over time by using automated functions.
Call JD Pro today to find out how a Crestron whole home control system can maximize your energy savings and make your home a greener environment.