It’s a hot, humid summer day. A person passes the front of your restaurant. In the window is a flat screen display showing a frosty glass filled with ice cubes and bubbling cola. The person stops, notices the display, and then walks into your restaurant.
Digital signage using commercial flat screen displays is a cost-effective tool for enhancing your restaurants’ image and atmosphere while increasing sales. But if you’re going to invest in flat screen displays, you need to ensure that the ones you buy are durable and built for longevity.
While all flat screen monitors may look similar, there is a big difference in quality between consumer and commercial video displays. In a commercial video installation, like your restaurant, you’ll receive a better return on investment by selecting commercial-grade flat screen displays.
The advantages of buying commercial flat screen displays for your restaurant include:
- The life span is longer on commercial-grade flat screen displays since they are built with heavy-duty parts and components – especially in brand name flat screens compared to those of off-brand manufacturers. The enclosure on a commercial-grade monitor is studier to withstand deterioration, high heat, and possible grease exposure in restaurant settings.
- The resolution, brightness, contrast ratio, and refresh rates are greater in top-rated commercial flat screens, so the picture quality exceeds those of consumer versions.
- Commercial flat panel models are designed specifically with enhanced burn-in protection for extended-use applications, like restaurants. Some commercial LCD models are even built for 24/7/365 operation with integrated cooling mechanisms.
- Cooling fans and other heat dissipation characteristics are integrated into commercial flat screens, so they can maintain a consistent temperature for longer life. Extreme heat conditions can permanently damage a flat screen by causing “tiger-striping.”
- Clocks and timers are included in some commercial-grade digital signs to ensure the unit is turned off during hours of non-use.
- Commercial displays incorporate a variety of connector interfaces, like RS-232, RCA, cable, PC, VGA, and serial inputs to facilitate various network connections, media-playing devices, and communications between the display and the sending device.
- Installation is easier with commercial flat screens since they use industry-standard mounting connections.
- Commercial displays are equipped with control protection measures, such as front-panel lock and IR remote lockout, to keep customers from changing the displays’ settings.
- The commercial manufacturers, like Samsung, LG, and Panasonic, offer up to a 3-year parts and labor warranty on site.
Today, more restaurant owners are installing commercial digital flat screens in their restaurants as cost-effective solutions to maximize their customers’ experience. You can use flat screens to welcome customers to your restaurant, to advertise drink and menu specials, and to entertain patrons.
Contact JD Systems, a Staten Island pro video installer, for more information about a customized, commercial video installation for your restaurant. Imagine the possibilities that commercial flat screens can provide your restaurant.