The headline and theme for this year’s INFOCOMM Show, to be held at the convention center in Las Vegas, Nevada June 9 through 15, 2012, is “Communications Intensified.”
As ITAV convergence becomes the norm instead of just a not-so-catchy buzz phrase, and audiovisual integrators make the shift from audio video design and installation to “unified communications,” this is an apt description to capture industry trends.
What does intensified communications mean to us here at JD Systems? A lot. This whole “social media thing,” if you want to call it that, which we entered back in December 2010 with the re-design of our corporate website and the launch of this blog, has been nothing but “intense.” Fast-paced, relentless, yet exciting and, most of all, effective.
That’s just one example of how technology “intensifies” communications. In the audio visual realm, it has other definitions. It can mean telepresence, an intense form of telecommunications. It can mean high definition, digital signals from start to finish for better sound and video quality. In nightclubs, sports bars, and restaurants, it means a bigger, better, more amazing audio video experience for visitors.
It means integrating technology seamlessly within the design, working from start to finish with the architects and other trades, to make sure the audiovisual technology enhances the experience.
When it comes down to it, the intensity of the communications is all about how transparent the technology is, to let end-users do what they need to do, without wondering exactly “how” it’s all getting done. That’s where local audio visual systems integration firms come in, and it’s exactly why the JD Systems owners are taking the cross-country flight from New York to Las Vegas, to soak up every bit of information and knowledge we can at INFOCOMM 2012.
We’ll be tweeting live from the show floor, sharing pictures on Facebook, and coming back here to put together as much coverage as we can, without forgetting about our primary reason for attending — to learn more that we can apply to our audio video customers here in New York.
Here are some quick INFOCOMM facts we discovered to help you enjoy the show, whether you’ll be attending or joining us virtually.
- INFOCOMM’s Partner Groups, bringing a range of educational and networking opportunities to the event, include 3D Comm, Display Search, IMCCA, Realcomm, NSCA, SynAudCon, Projection Summit and TFWM.
- The show includes more than 925 exhibitors and 300 educational sessions
- More than 34,000 audiovisual professionals will gather for the trade show
- Search #INFOCOMM on Twitter to see the latest show previews, product announcements and more from INFOCOMM attendees, or to make plans to meet up with your Twitter pals live at the event. Don’t forget @JDSystems will be there and we’d love to meet you!
- Go to m.core-apps.com/infocomm12 to download the official INFOCOMM mobile app for your smartphone and really stay connected… What did we say? It’s communications… intensified.